Are you looking for VPS Servers in Texas?
In this article, I will walk you through everything you need to know about virtual private servers.
See, VPS is the hybrid of dedicated servers and shared hosting. It is because of the difference between these two, that we have VPS servers.
In fact, VPS is a shared server but with an independent Operating system (OS).
You might wonder, how is that possible?
Well, while I won’t delve into the nitty-gritty of servers terms (really boring tech stuff), I will try to make it simple.
What is VPS and how does it work?
What happens is that a server OS is subjected to virtualization technology. The result? Independent compartments of ‘smaller’ servers with complete autonomy, meaning they can run their own OS.
This is the reason why VPS servers in Texas are so popular; you get to enjoy the independence of a dedicated server and pay the costs of a shared server.
As for how it works, there is nothing different actually. Since the VPS comes with its own OS, you can install applications, just like you would with the normal server.
But one distinctive feature here is that a VPS is working inside a host server. And in fact, there are several of them and the only thing separating them from each other is a virtual layer, thanks to the hypervisor virtualization software.
- Virtual – means it is not actually a physical server, but rather a virtual one resulting from virtualization.
- Private – unlike a shared server, you aren’t sharing the VPS resources with anyone. The server is running its own OS, thus independent from the host.
- Server – VPS servers in Texas are able to function fully as a physical server.
What is a good VPS?
How does a good VPS behave?
The answer to this question relies on your needs as the user.
If you are looking for a VPS server for gaming in Texas, you will be looking for considerably different things than someone who intends to host a website.
As a gamer, you are keen on getting power and reducing latency, as such, a good VPS to you should;
- Be near you or your host
- Come with enough RAM and adequate storage space.
- Have additional cores
- You’d want to see certain types of processors and so forth.
On the flip side, a website owner is looking for the independence that comes with VPS hosting in Texas.
This gives him the ability to store more files, unrestricted RAM usage, and unmetered bandwidth.
Even though you two are looking for VPS servers in Texas, your needs are different.
In general, a good VPS server should have the following;
- Adequate RAM and powerful CPU to handle performance-intensive tasks
- Should be more affordable than dedicated server
- Located near the users
- Should be reliable, and no downtimes because your business depends on it.
What can I do with a VPS server?
What are some of the things you can do with a VPS in Texas?
Here are some ideas to consider.
- Web hosting – as we had mentioned, you can use VPS Servers in Texas to host websites. They can be yours or rent it to other users and make money consistently.
- Use it to conduct data backup tasks. VPS in Texas is cheaper than all these other cloud services
- For gaming – if you are a gaming junkie, a VPS can help you come together with your buddies to play a game in multiplayer mode. In fact, video games like Minecraft and World of Warcraft all run on VPS servers.
- Deploy personal VPN – not to confuse you, a VPN is there to create a secure connection within a public network.
- Use VPS to develop and test code, this works best if you are software developed.
How do I find an affordable VPS server in Texas?
With all the cool stuff you can do with a VPS, the next logical thing after this is to get one.
Here are Truehost Cloud, we have everything you need and the best prices in the market.
Deploy the most Trusted cloud servers in Texas, USA.
Operating from a world-class data center with connectivity to Tier 1 carrier and cloud ports, our VPS means a happy business for you.
Our excellent support staff readily provides technical and business solutions to businesses in the US and Globally.
Get the latest offers from our new Dallas cloud Region.
Here is a table showing the cost of VPS servers in Texas.
|Tcloud 1||Tcloud 2||Tcloud 3|
|Open Stack KVM||Open Stack KVM||Open Stack KVM|
|1 vCore(s) 2.4GHz||1 vCore(s) 2.4GHz||1 vCore(s) 2.4GHz|
|1 GB RAM||2 GB RAM||4 GB RAM|
|30GB SSD||60GB SSD||100GB SSD|
|Local RAID||Local RAID||Local RAID|
You can check out other VPS plans here.