Are you looking for reliable and affordable VPS servers in Egypt?
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about VPS hosting in under 10 minutes.
First, what is a VPS?
Well, to understand this, you need to go back to the basics of a server, because that is where VPS comes from.
What is a server?
In a nutshell, a server is a special computer used within a network (interlinked computers communicating with each other) to ‘serve’ as the central repository for ‘writing and reading’ data.
This means that the server is that one computer within the network where all the other computers store and retrieve files. Here, the files can be anything from images, texts, numbers, video, etc.
Types of servers
Now, from that simplified understanding of a server, it is clear there are forms, right?
Well, you are correct to think that way.
There are several types of servers in Egypt, and here are some of them.
- File servers – as its name suggests, these are servers used to store and distribute files within a network. On top of this function, file servers can also be used to backup files.
- Application servers – these are servers dedicated to running applications instead of the user having to run them locally. Often, such servers are called into action when dealing with resource-intensive applications.
- DNS servers – these are application servers tasked with providing the network with an easy resolution of converting human-friendly names to machine-readable IP addresses. Domain Name Servers systems are used to keep database records of domains.
- Web servers – the most widespread types of servers in Egypt. Are used to store programs or data that can be accessed through either the internet or intranet. Apache web server is a good example of such applications.
- Virtual servers – these are types of servers with small ‘servers’ inside. We will look at them in detail in a second.
What are virtual servers in Egypt?
For a server to perform its tasks such as run applications, read and write data, among other tasks, it needs resources. These resources include;
- Storage space
With these and other resources, a server can do anything within its capabilities (mostly dictated by these resources).
A server with say 1GB RAM can handle fewer tasks compared to one with 2GB RAM.
While that may be a generalization, it holds in most cases.
In short, a server rich in resources (RAM, CPU, and storage) is deemed better.
We’ve mentioned that a server can be used to handle tasks such as storing web files (for websites).
Now, depending on the resources of a server, it can handle data from more than one user. A user here is a data source (website, program, etc).
And when that happens, you can say that is a shared server, meaning, the users are sharing resources of the same server to perform tasks.
This ‘shared’ concept is prominent in the web hosting industry, where you find a single server carrying several users (websites). And when that happens, you can say the users are under ‘shared hosting.’
Now, since users are sharing server resources, problems arise when there are more users, thus overwhelming the server.
That is when ‘virtualization’ comes in. Here, a single server is ‘subdivided’ into independent compartments, yielding ‘small servers.’
This is made possible, thanks to special software called Hypervisor. These small servers are what we now call VPS servers.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Servers.
- Virtual – because they are not actually ‘real.’ It is still a single server, but it is has been virtualized to yield independent servers.
- Private – because the resulting servers are capable of running applications on their own. How? Because they have their own resources (RAM, CPU, and storage).
Have you now understood VPS servers in Egypt?
How do VPS servers in Egypt work?
VPS servers are no different from a server that you already know. Only that, the VPS server comes from implementing a virtual layer on top of the parent server OS (Operating System).
Doing so results in virtual servers, capable of running their own OS separate from the host server.
Why would you need a VPS server in Egypt?
Why would anyone go into the trouble of building ‘servers inside another server?’
Well, here are the benefits of using VPS servers in Egypt.
- Reliable performance – since a VPS acts like a normal server, you have sole access to its resources that you don’t share with anyone else
- Value – we mentioned shared servers, which by that virtue, are cheap. Why? Because you are sharing costs with other users using the same server. An alternative is getting the whole server to yourself, which is expensive. Other option? Yes, a VPS server! It is better than a shared server, but cheaper than a dedicated server.
- Control – with VPS servers in Egypt, you get access to SSH, giving you root access to the server. With that, you have full control of the server
- Security – you don’t have to worry about security issues common under a shared server environment. You have your own OS, meaning you can implement additional security measures
- Customization – you get to do whatever you want with a VPS server in Egypt. Be it installing custom OS or adding RAM. This means that you can run custom applications.
These and more are reasons why VPS servers in Egypt are growing in popularity.
What can you do with a VPS server?
Whether you are a business or an individual, here are some of the tasks you can perform using a VPS in Egypt.
- Hosting websites – this is commonly known as VPS hosting in Egypt. Here, you are using VPS to host your sites. It’s better than shared hosting and cheaper than dedicated hosting. Think of it as getting all the benefits of a dedicated server at fraction of the cost.
- Storing company files which makes it accessible from anywhere in the world.
- Hosting emails – Here, you are using the VPS for email hosting in Egypt. Giving you better performance, more control, and improved security of the data.
- Building and hosting custom applications such as games
- Scaling websites- if you have a website that is experiencing a spike in traffic, you need a VPS server in Egypt to handle the influx of visitors
The applications are endless, only limited by your imagination.
What you can take away here is that VPS servers in Egypt can be used to handle resource-intensive tasks when you are running on a bootstrapped budget.
Where to get VPS in Egypt
Truehost Cloud is offering you unbeatable VPS server pricing in Egypt. Our servers are top-notch, reliable, and 99.99% uptime guaranteed.
With that said, we have two types of VPS servers:
- Managed VPS server in Egypt – here, you don’t have to worry about technical stuff, because we will handle them for you. We say, focus on scaling your business and leave the tech stuff to us.
- Unmanaged VPS – you will handle everything from configuration to maintenance by yourself.
Pick one depending on your needs and budget.