In this post, we’ll be talking about cloud web hosting. What comes to mind when you hear the word cloud? Is it rain or servers accessed via the internet.
A cloud can be used to define the two. Cloud web hosting is a diverse type of storage that allows services to run on multiple servers.
With technology, many things have been eased. These days one can create a website in under 10 minutes.
Technology has many applications and also is vulnerable to attacks. We often watch and read about how people lose millions due to security concerns.
It’s up to us to use technology in the right way. Security starts with you. Before proceeding to cloud web hosting, let’s get more insights.
What is cloud web hosting?
It is a web service that exists on clustered servers. This means the service runs on many servers and can be easily accessible.
This also means it’s virtual. It gets to use the resources of other servers to make sure your website runs smoothly.
The resources are easily utilized because they are always available when needed. Security and hardware are taken care of by the host.
This type of hosting is important. It offers:
- Security- data is safely encrypted and access is only to authorized users. Tampering is not easy.
- Convenience- since your website is hosted on many clusters, it gets the necessary resources to keep it up.
- Scalability- it accommodates huge website surges and prevents your site from failing.
- Cost-saver- one only pays for what they need.
- Speed- when you need additional resources one just adds them no need to get in touch with the hosting provider.
Cloud web hosting is the best hosting. It’s reliable and allows your website to perform well despite the traffic.
The Pros and Cons of Cloud Web Hosting
- Availability- resources are always available and hence high performance. Cluster servers always compensate in case one server fails.
- Flexibility- one has complete freedom; you can add resources yourself whenever and remove them if you don’t need them.
- Fast access- it loads fast since your resources are easily accessible.
- Storage- the cloud offers you the most storage as compared to shared hosting.
- Expensive- due to the added features, reliability, and security it becomes more expensive than another hosting.
- Needs one to have technical know-how- you have to know how to implement security changes and patches to secure your platform.
- Takes time to recover full data.
- Platform dependency- it hard to migrate to another cloud platform
There are many other types of hosting:
1. Shared hosting
Shared involved many sites being hosted under one server. Here resources are shared and one website may affect other sites.
It’s cheap and easy to set up. It doesn’t need much technical knowledge and is recommended for startups.
2. VPS Hosting
This involves the aspects of shared and dedicated hosting. VPS hosting allocates one isolated storage on the same server but you get your own resources.
It means that your sites are safe and your plan can handle surges. One also has root privileges that allow you to tweak some settings.
However, it’s a bit expensive and needs technical know-how. Best suited for growing business and commerce sites.
3. Dedicated Hosting
It’s different from the two. One gets a whole server and resources to themselves. It means that no more sharing.
This hosting however is expensive and needs one to be skilled in configurations. It’s best suited for commercial organizations that deal with large volumes of data.
4. Managed hosting
Well, with managed hosting one gets technical support from the hosting provider. This means that software and hardware issues will be done for you.
They make sure your sites run efficiently and fix issues that arise. Perform all activities for you and ensure your business is safe.
Also, there are others like:
- Reseller Hosting
- Self Service Web Hosting
- And others.
Well, before choosing the web host one has to consider:
- What they need.
- What they are getting from the host.
Where to get web hosting
The internet is full of many marketplaces. One can get everything from just researching thoroughly.
Here is where to get cloud web hosting
It’s a web hosting service provider that offers cheap solutions for you to get online. It’s also a domain registrar.
Truehost cloud also offers:
- VPS & Servers
- Security & SSL
- Free Website Builder
Their cheapest plan costs $0/month (Bronze) where one gets:
- 1 GB Space
- Email Accounts: 1
- Max Website: 1
- Max Subdomains: 1
The most expensive plan goes for $3.49/month (Gold) and has:
- 50GB Space
- Email Accounts: Unlimited
- Max Domains: Unlimited
- Max Subdomains: Unlimited
It’s a hosting company that provides:
- Pro Services New
- And others.
They help your dream come to life. It has two plans: Shared starter and shared unlimited.
There other cloud web hosting providers like:
The web hosting business is booming. These days also businesses are being done online. Get to know what you need before choosing a host.
How to choose a hosting plan
Before choosing a host one needs to know what they need. One also needs to have a plan, get to know what they get back.
Different hosts have different plans and offers. So before you choose one here is what you need to consider:
- Features- what are you getting from them; resources, software, and hardware specifications. These are to be used to grow your sites. Make sure to get what you need.
- Cost- know how much different plans cost and what best suits your budget.
- Support- this is crucial; are they available all the time? Because they will the ones helping whenever you run into issues.
- Security- major concern. How secure is your data? Well, do you also get updates and other security features?
- Reliability- are your websites always live? Well, get to know whether there are downtimes or slowness.
There are many things one needs to consider before choosing a web host. However, before making the decisions you need the right facts.
Cloud is the best technology to choose.