Looking for ways to make money in Pakistan as a student?
It can be tough for students in Pakistan to earn some extra cash. With the added expenses of tuition and textbooks, having a reliable income is often necessary for many students.
Although it may seem intimidating to venture out into the job market, there are plenty of genuine ways to make money while studying in Pakistan.
Here are 10 great ideas that will help you boost your earning potential while still focusing on your studies.
From completing surveys and selling items online to working as an online tutor and freelance writer, these tried-and-true methods will help you bring in some much-needed income.
1. Put your skills to work by freelancing in Pakistan
Freelancing is a great way to make money while studying. It allows students to gain valuable experience and use their skills to earn an income.
With the advancement of technology, it has become easier than ever for anyone to start freelancing – all you need is a computer, an internet connection, and some basic skills.
For those looking for ways to get started with freelancing in Pakistan, here are some essential steps to follow:
- Identify your skills and expertise: Think about what you are good at and what services you can offer to potential clients. It’s important to be clear about your skills and the value you can bring to a project.
- Build a portfolio: Gather examples of your past work and create a portfolio to showcase your skills and experience. This will help you to stand out to potential clients and give them an idea of what you can do.
- Determine your rates: Research the going rates for your services and determine how much you should charge. Consider factors such as your experience, the complexity of the work, and the value you can bring to a project.
Once you have these, many online platforms provide access to thousands of projects worldwide.
Popular services like Fiverr, Upwork, and Freelancer allow users to create profiles.
And you can easily bid on jobs from businesses looking for assistance with various tasks such as web design, content writing, data entry, graphic design, or virtual assistant work.
At the same time, some universities offer internship programs specifically aimed at helping students take advantage of freelance opportunities.
2. Look for opportunities to tutor students in your area
And use your knowledge to help them understand their subject better.
Tutoring is an excellent way for students in Pakistan to make money.
Becoming a tutor allows you to use your knowledge and experience to help others while making some extra cash.
And with the growing number of online tutoring services in Pakistan, many opportunities are available for talented tutors.
According to Statista.com, Online Learning Platforms users are expected to amount to 4.8m users by 2027.
What does that mean?
The market is ready for your services.
Now, to become a tutor,
- Determine your area of expertise: Identify the subjects or topics you are knowledgeable and experienced in, as this will help you attract potential students.
- Create a profile: Once you have chosen a platform, create a profile that showcases your skills, experience, and education. Make sure to include any relevant certifications or degrees you have obtained.
- Set your rate: Determine how much you would like to charge for your services. Consider factors such as your level of expertise, the demand for your subject area, and the going rate for similar services on the platform you have chosen.
Alternatively, you can start by researching local tutoring businesses or postings online that offer tutoring jobs.
You can also check with schools, universities, and libraries in your area, as they often have openings for tutors.
Once you find the right opportunity, contact the organization or individual and discuss what qualifications they need from their tutor and how much they will pay you.
And when you get hired, create a teaching plan that suits your student’s needs so you can effectively help them learn whatever subject matter you’re teaching them.
If you can’t find work locally, there are several online tutoring platforms that you can use to offer your services, such as Chegg, Tutor.com, and WizIQ.
3. Offer Services
This is another one of the most genuine ways to make money in Pakistan as a student.
And one of the most common services students can offer is running errands or doing basic house chores.
This could include walking dogs, cleaning bathrooms, mopping floors, organizing closets and shelves, folding laundry, or grocery shopping.
With the current lockdown restrictions due to COVID-19, many people rely on others to help with these tasks as they cannot do them themselves.
This gives students a great opportunity to make money by safely and responsibly providing this service.
There are other services that students can offer, such as tutoring younger children in their studies or helping out with online classes (read point #2 to understand how this works).
4. Become a delivery rider or driver and make money in Pakistan
It provides an opportunity to earn a decent income and allows riders and drivers to gain valuable experience and learn about their local areas.
Some companies that offer delivery services are food service providers, retail stores, courier services, ride-hailing apps, and more.
To become a rider or driver for one of these companies, you will need to meet certain criteria, such as having a valid driving license, owning a reliable vehicle with valid insurance coverage, possessing basic knowledge of mechanics, and being able to read road maps.
Most important, though, is the ability to follow safety rules, including wearing helmets while riding and being polite with customers.
And you don’t need a car to become a delivery person. A motorbike, scooter, or bicycle can do the job.
For example, one of the most downloaded food delivery apps in Pakistan right now is foodpanda.pk, with over 50 million downloads!
To sign up to be a delivery person at Foodpanda, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Foodpanda website and click on the “Become a Rider” button.
- Fill out the online application form, including information about your details, contact information, and work experience.
- Submit any required documents, such as your national identity card, driver’s license, and vehicle registration documents (if applicable).
- Attend an orientation session to provide information about the company’s policies and procedures.
- Complete any additional training or onboarding requirements as needed.
- Once you have completed the sign-up process, you can begin accepting delivery orders through the Foodpanda app.
Remember that the specific requirements and process for becoming a delivery person at Foodpanda may vary depending on your location.
It is a good idea to check the Foodpanda website for any specific requirements in your area.
5. Become an Affiliate Marketer
Becoming an affiliate marketer is a great way for students in Pakistan to make money.
Suppose you don’t know what we are talking about. In that case, affiliate marketing involves promoting products and services from other companies and earning a commission for each sale that results from your efforts.
It’s a simple concept with great potential for earnings.
To start making money as an affiliate marketer in Pakistan, look for programs that fit your niche and interests.
Most large brands in Pakistan have an affiliate program available, so spend time researching the ones that might be most profitable to you.
Once you’ve found ones that match your niche, register with them and get started on promoting their products or services.
You can use blogs, social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, or even YouTube videos to share information about the product or service you are promoting to drive sales.
Later, I will show you how to start a successful blog in Pakistan, so keep reading.
6. Sell Items Online
Online marketplaces have become one of the popular ways to make money in Pakistan for students.
Daraz, HomeShopping, and Amazon are Pakistan’s three most used websites for selling items online.
All three platforms provide an easy-to-navigate marketplace where anyone can set up a seller account and start listing items for sale.
If you want to start selling on Amazon in Pakistan, you can follow these steps:
- Register for a seller account: Go to the Amazon website and click on the “Sell on Amazon” button. Follow the prompts to create a seller account and provide the necessary information, such as your contact details and tax information.
- Choose a selling plan: Amazon offers two selling plans: the Individual and Professional plans. The Individual plan is suitable for sellers who list fewer than 40 items per month, while the Professional plan is suitable for sellers who list more than 40 items per month.
- Set up your seller profile: Create a seller profile that includes information about your business, such as your company name, contact information, and product categories.
- List your products: Use the Amazon seller portal to list your products and provide detailed information about each item, including the product name, price, and description.
- Set up payment and shipping: Choose a payment method for your sales and set up your shipping options. You can either use Amazon’s fulfillment service or handle the shipping yourself.
- Start selling: Once you have completed the setup process, you can start selling your products on Amazon.
7. Transcribe audio and video recordings for various companies and earn money in the process.
Becoming a transcriber is an effective way for students to make money in Pakistan.
For the green ones, transcription is listening to audio or video recordings and typing out what has been said word for word.
Companies often need transcribers because they can’t always find the time to do it themselves, providing a great opportunity for students interested in working from home.
If you want in on this, you should have excellent typing skills, good attention to detail, and strong English language fluency to be successful as a transcriber.
Once you have established your skill set and credentials, several sites allow you to apply for transcription jobs, such as TranscribeMe or Rev.com, which offer competitive rates of pay per hour.
Well, transcription rates per minute” is a common rate structure. Expect to pay $0.79-3.5 per minute.
8. Start and Monetize a Blog in Pakistan
Starting a blog is another one of the most lucrative ways to make money in Pakistan as a student.
Blogging has become increasingly popular in recent years, and it’s an excellent way to write about topics you’re passionate about and get paid for it.
Many bloggers in Pakistan, like Syed Moiz Balkhi, Mohammad Mustafa Ahmedzai, and Shahzaib Ul Hassan, even monetize their blogs by running ads or offering services such as affiliate commissions or consulting.
To start a blog in Pakistan, follow these simple steps.
- Choose a blogging platform: There are many blogging platforms, such as WordPress, Blogger, and Squarespace. Consider cost, ease of use, and customization options when selecting a platform.
- Choose a topic: Consider your interests, expertise, and target audience when deciding what to write about. A specific and narrow focus can help you build a loyal following and make it easier to monetize your blog.
- Set up your blog: Once you have chosen a platform and a topic, it’s time to set up your blog. This may involve selecting a theme, customizing your website’s layout, and creating your first blog post.
- Promote your blog: To attract readers, you’ll need to promote your blog through social media, email newsletters, and other channels. You can also consider guest posting on other blogs or participating in online communities related to your topic.
- Monetize your blog: There are several ways to monetize your blog, such as through advertising, sponsored content, and selling products or services. Consider what works best for your blog and your audience.
Starting a blog that will earn you enough income in Pakistan takes time and effort.
Be consistent, provide valuable content and engage with your audience.
You can turn your blog into a successful and profitable venture with hard work and dedication.
- 12 Best Ways to Earn Money Blogging in Pakistan
- How to Start a Blogging Business in Pakistan: The Ultimate Guide
- Top 10 Blogging Topics in Pakistan You Should Copy
- 5 Best Blogging Sites in Pakistan
9. Take part in online surveys and get paid for your opinion.
Participating in surveys can be an easy way to make money from home in Pakistan.
Well, companies are often looking for feedback on their products and services.
And by completing surveys, students can provide much-needed insight while making a few extra rupees along the way.
Most survey sites in Pakistan allow users to register for free, and they will match individuals with relevant surveys based on their profile information.
Surveys typically take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or more to complete, depending on the length of the questionnaire.
Payouts vary, but most companies pay out cash via PayPal or gift cards.
Another great benefit of taking part in online surveys is that it’s flexible: you can complete them whenever you have time and at your own pace.
This makes it ideal for busy students with irregular schedules due to classes or other commitments.
One of the most popular and genuine survey sites in Pakistan is Swagbucks.
Swagbucks is a rewards program that allows users to earn points, called “SB,” by completing various tasks, such as taking surveys, shopping online, and watching videos. Here are the steps to join Swagbucks and start earning in Pakistan:
- Go to the Swagbucks website: Go to www.swagbucks.com in your web browser and click on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner.
- Create an account: You’ll need to provide your email address, create a password, and complete a captcha to create an account.
- Complete your profile: After creating an account, you’ll be asked to complete your profile by providing some basic information, such as your gender and age.
- Start earning: Once you have completed your profile, you can earn SB by completing tasks and activities on the Swagbucks website. There are many ways to earn, including taking surveys, shopping online, and watching videos.
- Redeem your SB: As you earn SB, you can redeem them for various rewards, such as gift cards, cash via PayPal, or other prizes. You can find a list of available rewards in the “Rewards” section of the Swagbucks website.
Remember, the amount of SB you can earn will depend on the tasks and activities you complete and your location. Some tasks and activities may not be available in all regions.
10. Become an Influencer and Make Money in Pakistan
Utilizing your social media accounts and promoting products and services is one of the simplest ways to start raking in cash with minimal effort.
The key to success as an influencer in Pakistan is growing your account with engaging content that will draw in followers, so be conscious of what you post online.
Companies may reach out to you to offer paid promotions if you have many followers.
Depending on your influence level, they may pay you for sponsored posts or reviews featuring their products or services.
You can also partner with affiliate networks that allow you to place links and banners on your page.
These banners link people directly to the company’s website when they click on it, allowing you to earn commissions when someone buys through one of these links.
Pakistan offers several unique opportunities for students to make money while still in school.
From freelancing and tutoring to starting a business, there are plenty of ways Pakistani students can generate income.
However, before attempting any of these activities, understand the risks involved and be realistic about how much YOU can earn.
Overall, making money as a student in Pakistan requires discipline and focus on one’s financial goals.
It is not enough to simply want to make money; an individual must be prepared to invest time and effort into developing their skills or business model to reap the rewards of success eventually.
With patience and hard work, Pakistani students can unlock their potential for financial independence without waiting until graduation.