Cloudpap Hosting / VPS Hosting
In this short article, we highlight how to use a cloudpap for hosting a website or an application by setting up a working Cloud Web Server.
We will consider two approaches
- Feature Rich Approach
- Cheapest Approach
In our illustration we will use the cheapest cloudpap that goes for USD$7.99 for a month running on the default centos 7 Operating System
- Set up cloudpap 1 that has the following features.
- 1 Core Processor 2.4 GHz Speed
- 2GB RAM RAM
- 10GB SSD Disk Local RAID 10
- Openstack KVM
- Unlimited – 100Mbps Bandwidth
- 1 IP4 IP Address
- Allow upto 15 extra IP Address
- Anti-DDoS Pro Protection
- RESTful API
- 97% SLA
Option 1: Feature –Rich
Feature rich utilizes a commercial Cpanel and in particular WHM/Cpanel which is available as from $15 per month.
Some of the following features are available
Ability to create unlimited email accounts against your domain names. Access the email accounts, manage other options of mails including forwarders, automated reply, signature, email alias among others.
Allow installation of SSL certificates, configuring of SSL and other options related to SSL and Web security.
It also allow configuring of antivirus and anti-malware applications and other applications including mod security which control what can be uploaded into the server and how to interact with external agents.
Allow centrally handling of domain names, adding new domain names into the control panel via addon and park domain options or WHM create account option.
It also provides a window of managing subdomains and their related options.
A collection of important apps to server management and website management. Some othe apps include SEO related apps, third party web security apps, web scripts available on one click installer option.
Resources that govern files within the server including web pages and other file based resources. Features included include ftp that allow upload of files, file editors, ssh among others.
A combination of databases management tools – for mysql/mariadb and postgresql (WHM/Cpanel) including create of databases and database users and their management.
A collection of important logs including access logs, error logs that are important to the server or website administrator
Domain Name System setting or DNS options are available through zone editor, advance dns editor. – allow manipulation of how domain is linked to other resources on the web.
- Set up a cloudpap server: Cloudpap 3 minimum is recommended due to disk space and RAM.@ $27.99
- Install Centos 7 for Free
- Install WHM Cpanel for $15
- Install Cloudpap/truehost firewall for free
- Install and configure mod security
- Configure Easy Apache for favorable resource utilization
- Or Outsource server configuration service at $50 onetime cost from Cloudpap
at $42.99 per month you have a feature rich cloud web server that can host 100 websistes.
Only available at Cloudpap.com
Cheaper/ Lean Resources Option
In this option you pay the server recurring price of $27.99 only
A free control panel will be provided for free by Cloudpap and other cloud partners.
- Set up Cloudpap 3 server at $27.99 per month
- Install Centos 7 Server operating system
- Install open source VestaCp or ISPconfig – brilliant free control panels.
- Or request for a setup from CloudPap at one time fee of $50. – soon it will be available at set up for free.
Both control panel provide a wide range of webhosting, email hosting and server management features though not as rich as WHM/Cpanel.
Some of features available through VestaCp and ISPConfig Control Panels include
- IPv4 support
- IPv6 support
- Name-based and IP-based virtual hosts
- SSL websites
- SNI support, allows more than one SSL vhost per IP address
- PHP (available PHP modes for Apache: mod_php, FCGI, CGI, HHVM and SuPHP; for nginx: FCGI (PHP-FPM) and HHVM)
- Individual PHP settings per website
- Ruby (Apache only)
- Python (Apache only)
- Custom Apache/nginx directives
- Alias domains
- Password-protected folders (basic http authentication)
- WebDAV (Apache only)
- FTP users
- MySQL databases
- Shell users (jailed and non-jailed), SFTP, SCP; password- and key-based logins
- POP3, IMAP, POP3S, IMAPS
- Email accounts
- Email aliases
- Postgry greylisting
- DKIM Mail signing
- Virus filter
- Header and body checks
- Fetching emails from remote servers with getmail
- Mailman mailing lists
- XMPP Chat Server
- DNS wizard for creating zones easily
- Management of DNS zones and records
- Import tool for BIND zone files
- Supported record types: A, AAAA, ALIAS, CNAME, DKIM, DMARC,, HINFO, MX, NS, PTR, RP, SPF, SRV, TXT
- Master and slave DNS servers
- Virtualization (through OpenVZ)
- Webalizer & AWStats statistics
- Quota/Traffic Limits
- Harddisk quota
- Mail quota
- Traffic limits and statistics
- Set up a cloudpap 3 server at $27.99
- Install Centos 7 for free
- Install VestaCp/ISPConfig for Free
- Configure Apache and firewall options
- Host 100+ websites
- @ $27.99 per month- only at Cloudpap.com
Conclusion – the best cloud web servers available at Cloudpap
- Convinience/ feature rich / customer friendly/ most popular @ $42.99 per month
- Cost saving/light weight/lean features @ $27.99 per month