Installing the Cloudpap backup agent on a Linux machine
- Log into your server as a root user.
- Download and launch the installation package.
The package is downloaded as a binary file. To launch the
.binfile, you need to make it executable:
1. Open the Terminal
2. Navigate to the folder where the installation package is saved
3. Run the command to make the file executable:
chmod 755 filename.bin
4. Run this command to run the file:
- Accept the terms of license agreement.
- Sign in to your Backup Account using your credentials.
- Once the backup agent is installed, the device you selected to backup will display in the backup portal.