India English
Kenya English
United Kingdom English
South Africa English
Nigeria English
United States English
United States Español
Indonesia English
Bangladesh English
Egypt العربية
Tanzania English
Ethiopia English
Uganda English
Congo - Kinshasa English
Ghana English
Côte d’Ivoire English
Zambia English
Cameroon English
Rwanda English
Germany Deutsch
France Français
Spain Català
Spain Español
Italy Italiano
Russia Русский
Japan English
Brazil Português
Brazil Português
Mexico Español
Philippines English
Pakistan English
Turkey Türkçe
Vietnam English
Thailand English
South Korea English
Australia English
China 中文
Canada English
Canada Français
Somalia English
Netherlands Nederlands

How to gain access to domains/accounts after owner’s death

For Truehost Cloud to change the ownership of an account we require the individual to provide us with the following documents via an email to [email protected]:

  1. Death Certificate
  2. National Identification. We require the government-issued identification document be a color copy, scan, or digital picture containing the pictured person, name, signature, and expiration date clearly identifiable.

If a business is listed as the registrant/account holder, please provide a copy of the business ID. Examples of acceptable government-issued business identification are:

  • A copy of a government-issued business license, which is issued from a local, county or national.
NB: We cannot accept copies of articles of incorporation/organization, applications, documents printed from the internet, or tax returns as business ID.
We certainly understand that circumstances vary, especially in regards to the passing of an account holder. However, if the new account owner does not provide the details above,we will not be in a position to transfer the domain ownership to the new account holder due to our security polices put in place to safeguard users accounts.

Please know that submitting the documentation requested above does not guarantee any changes. Truehost Cloud reserves the right to accept or reject the request for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. The deceased was my web developer and has my website files and my domain registration (website name). What can I do?

  • If you are a learning institution  [school/college/university with domains and]

For us to migrate a school website/name, you need to provide the school registration certificate provided by Ministry in charge of Education.

  • If you are a government institution [with domain]

For us to migrate a government website, you need to provide the registration certificate of the government entity provided by Ministry in charge of approving government institutions. e.g Ministry of Treasury for Kenya

  • If you are an individual or company

As individuals and companies do not have a special domain extension as the institutions in the above scenarios do, the only way we would be able to complete the transfer is when the Death Certificate and National Identification are provided as explained above.

Q. The deceased and I were partners running this site. Do I still need to provide the above information to gain access to the account?

No. If you have the login information you can continue to access the account. Once logged in, you should update the contact information for the account. If you do not have the account login information but can access the account email or phone, we can reset your account password and send to the account email/phone so you can gain access.



× WhatsApp us