Cloud services for pharmaceuticals and hospitals.
Pharmaceuticals refer to drug manufacturing, marketing, distributing and retailing agents. These include drug manufacturers, drug marketers, chemists, pharmacies, hospitals, health care establishment’s e.t.c. Drugs include human and animal medicine for the interest of this article. Pharmaceuticals in Kenya and especially drug manufacturers and distributor handle huge volumes of sensitive data.
Some of the data include:
- Manufactures handle sensitive drug manufacturing information such as chemical formula and composition of drugs, experiments results from scientific research they are involved in, drug consumption patterns and volumes.
- Distributors in the pharmaceutical industries are custodians of huge volume of sensitive data including:
- Consumption levels of various drugs
- Geographical relationship to consumptions of drugs
- Drug effectiveness levels
- Drug side effects as reported by patients.
These data and information is the gem in the industries, leakage or unlawful sharing this information is also a national security concern.
Therefore pharmaceutical are expected to keep this data with their countries bodies i.e.
- Kenya pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within Kenya
- Egypt pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within Egypt
- South Africa pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within South Africa
- Ghana pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within Ghana
- Nigeria pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within Nigeria
- Brazil pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within Brazil
- India pharmaceuticals are expected to keep the data within India
Therefore, pharmaceutical should not use services such as Gmail, Hotmail for work related emails. Software and applications running in these pharmaceutical companies should he hosted in their countries of operations.
This concern has led Cloudpap to develop cloud for pharmaceutical.
This cloud service guarantees
Data and its backup will be kept within certain geographical area – in Kenya Pharmaceutical cloud primary and secondary data centers are within Kenya. This set up allows pharmaceutical to comply with the regulations without compromising data security, performance and uptime.
Pharmaceutical cloud can host
- Private email servers
- Application and software servers
- Website Services
- Backup and archiving servers
Pharmaceutical cloud is highly scalable and available on demand basis, as low as $55 a pharmaceutical can manage her own cloud.