- 1 GB RAM Required – Linux VPS
- 4 GB RAM Recommended – This is required for running high resource tools such as real time mail scanning.
- A fresh install of CentOS 6 or 7
When the above requirements are met, the installation process is quite straightforward.
You need to first make sure your newly installed CentOS is a fresh install and is up to date.
The following commands will update your software and initiate a restart of your server.
The commands can be issued via SSH.
- Preparing server
yum -y install wget
- Server Update
yum -y update
- Reboot Server
It can take up to 30 minutes because it compiles apache and php from source
CentOS 6 installer :
cd /usr/local/src wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-latest sh cwp-latest
CentOS 7 Installer:
cd /usr/local/src wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest sh cwp-el7-latest
Log in to your CentOS Web Panel Admin GUI at http://SERVER-IP:2030/
Password: your root password
You can now go ahead and do the following:
– Setup nameservers
– Setup shared ip (must be your public IP address)
– Setup at least one hosting package (or edit default package)
– Setup root email
& now you are ready to host domains…
For additional configuration instructions, please check CWP wiki/documentation site.