Truehost Cloud helps customers migrate their websites quickly, effortlessly and easily without downtime. We require login details to the old server in order to perform the migration. This document provides guidelines of handling various transfer scenarios.
This transfer policy only applies to transfer of data to Truehost Cloud. We do not do transfer of data from Truehost Cloud to other service providers. For data transfer to other providers, please contact their support for help.
Free Transfer Service
Truehost Cloud performs free migrations in the following circumstances.
- Migrating websites from another provider, no matter what platform the client is using on the source server.
- Migrating websites between servers we manage due to upgrades e.g. from shared/reseller to a VPS/Dedicated Servers.
- Migration of websites from addon domain to a new separate cPanel account. If you purchase a new hosting package for an addon domain, migration is done for free.
Paid Transfer Service
Migrations are not free in the following circumstances.
- Migrations between servers managed by Truehost Cloud which doesn’t involve an upgrade Examples: – the client pays the same or less after the migration. Eg from Tcloud 1 to another Tcloud 1 VPS – Migration from VPS back to shared hosting
- Custom migrations between our cPanel servers Example scenarios: – moving addon domains from one existing cPanel account to another one – partial migrations e.g. moving some files to another cpanel account – any other migration requests which require manual work different from generating a full cPanel backup on the source server and restoring it on the server with us.
Expected Migration Times
The following section will describe the estimated times for performing migrations. We will work very hard to honor this time frames and even do much better.
- Migration from external host cPanel/DirectAdmin to a cPanel on our side: 12hrs
- Migration from an addon domain to separate cPanel: 12hrs
- Migration of resellers from external hosts to our reseller: [50 accounts]: 48hrs
- Migration from shared hosting to VPS/Dedicated Server: 48hrs
This section explains how much data can be moved within the free migration service offering
- Migrations of data greater than 100GB will be charged extra. Refer to the costs section for pricing
- For migrations between shared hosting to VPS or Dedicated Server that does not use cPanel or CWP, only the first 5 accounts will be migrated for free. For more than 5 accounts, Refer to the costs section for pricing
- For migrations between shared hosting to VPS or Dedicated Server that does not use cPanel or CWP, only the first 5 addon domains/subdomains will be migrated for free. For more than 5 addon domains/subdomains, Refer to the costs section for pricing
The costs of migrations that are not provided for free are as follows
- Migration from one cPanel to another if there is no upgrade of service: $10
- Migrations from one VPS to another: $10
- Migrations from VPS back to shared hosting: $10
- Repeated migrations: $10
- Migrations of accounts by disk quota: over 100GB – 500GB: $10, over 500GB – 1000GB: $10, over 1000GB – 1500GB: $20, over 1500GB – 2000GB: $40 more than 2TB data: $50
- Migrations of more than 5 accounts to VPS that does not use cPanel or CWP: $10
- Migrations of more than 5 addon domains/ sub domains to VPS: $10
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many times can you migrate services? Migration is done only once. In case of a need to perform migration again, the fee stipulated under Costs >> Repeated Migrations section shall apply.
- Are the estimated times above always met? No. Generally, 99% of migrations will be done as per the time provided. But other migrations are affected by factors outside our control. For instance, some hosts normally disable the cPanel backup feature. This makes the transfer process manual using FTP which may be very slow. Other hosts use HDD storage which becomes very slow for huge accounts to backup. In these cases, we provide no fixed timeline. We will perform the transfer as we provide updates on progress via ticket. Our interest is to ensure the transfer is completed without loss of data or downtime.
- Can you transfer a site from a subdomain to an addon domain in the same cPanel for free Yes. Such a transfer will be done for free.
- What happens if I cannot transfer the websites by myself and I don’t want to pay for migration? If you are in a situation where your migration request is not covered under free tier, we highly recommend you subscribe for a Paid Migration Service. However, if you do not want to use the Paid Migration Service, we provide detailed guides to help you complete the migrations from your side successfully.
- Can Truehost migrate a service from an expired account at Truehost to another active one? No. Once a service is expired, it will first need to be renewed for data to be accessed for migration.
- Can you connect remotely via say, AnyDesk or Teamviewer to perform migration from client computer? No. Our support model does not allow for remote connection to individual client’s computers. For migration to be done successfully, we will need to have access credentials for the old server, or a link e.g Google Drive link where we can access your backup files for restoration
Other Important Notes
- To help us do migrations fast, please log the migration ticket under Transfers Department so that our team works on it quickly.
- Before sending the access credentials from old host, please test the credentials to ensure they login so that we can avoid back and forth due to invalid logins
- If your old server has two factor authentication, we recommend you disable it to allow migration to run smoothly on our side. If unable to disable, we recommend you provide means for us to access the account such as Backup Codes.
- Due to various web and email hosting platforms in existence, it may not always be possible to migrate files from source server to our servers due to compatibility issues. For example, some hosts provide custom made – self hosted website builders such as Olitt or Wix which cannot be moved from their platform. In such a case, we will notify the client and provide recommendation on the way forward.
- The policy above is by no means exhaustive. It is meant as a general guideline to help Truehost Cloud and the client seeking migration services be able to work in an predictable fashion. This will help us be more customer centric and help our clients plan their migrations efficiently. For scenarios not covered in this guideline, our Support Team will reach out to the client and provide guidance on the way forward. Feel free to also reach out with any inquires over migrations so we can provide a solution for you.